Celebrating Amazing Women on International Women’s Day
Dating back to 1911, International Women’s Day (IWD) has been a day to show appreciation for women. Through the centuries, women have both boldly and humbly affected their communities through their resilience, strength, and leadership. As history has shown, it has not been an easy path and in the present and future, there will still be a fight needed for equality and justice. Women are the core to strong communities, they are central to both the nurturing of our young, and framing and guiding our vision of what the future should look like. Today, at The Howell Group we celebrate these fearless women.
This year, we celebrate the 10 values which guide International Women’s Day, which are:
These are many of the qualities that we see continuously in the strong females we have had the opportunity to work with over the years. After married couples, single women are the single biggest buying demographic at 18 percent. Single males only account for 10 percent.
Check out these recent statistics about our most wonderful demographic:
- Single females more than any other household composition cited the convenience to friends and family as an inﬂuencing factor in their neighborhood choice, at 46 percent.
- For single females, the quality of the neighborhood was the most common factor influencing where they live at 53 percent.
- Single females were more likely to report the process was easier than expected.
- Single female buyers were the least likely to make compromises when choosing their home at 39 percent.
- For single females, the primary reason for purchasing was a desire for a place they could call their own at 32 percent.
It’s important to note that not long ago, women were not the main group of single home buyers and that society frowned upon a woman owning a home as a single individual.
The theme for this year’s IWD is #Balanceforbetter and in its essence, it equates to “Better the balance, better the world”, it does not begin or end, on International Women’s Day.
Let’s not forget that International Women’s Day is a day for all of humanity to recognize the importance of women and the roles they’ve lead and will lead in society; for their great contributions and sacrifices in both the past and present and those that they will give in the future.
We at The Howell Group believe that all are created equal, regardless of race, religion, sex, disability or any of the other protected classes – not because the law says we have to, but because it is correct—it is the “right side of history”.
2018. “Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers.” NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. https://www.nar.realtor/reports/highlights-from-the-profile-of-home-buyers-and-sellers.